Thursday, January 16, 2014

Really, a real PDP-12 computer!

Never really thought that those ancient, lumbering computing beasts would ever appear on eBay, but it seems this particular PDP-12 has just proven me wrong. It should be fully operational too, though its buyer will have to (somehow) pick it up from its current home in Long Island (NY) and move it to a brand new '70s styled laboratory or secret base.

The PDP-12, itself, is a dual processor, 12-bit mini computer that was built in 1969 in order to be used in research centers and run a variety of early operating systems. You can find out more about it here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! The cost and space demands will be high, but if I had more of both those things I would like to add it to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'd invite myself to live next to the PDP-12 for a week or so. It did play some RPGs I believe...

      Delete